To oversee the development and implementation the Strategy, the Our People Matter Steering Committee was established in May 2017.
The purpose of the Steering Committee is to provide organisational governance of the Strategy and provide a confidence and commitment to employees and their families that decisions being made are open and transparent.
Additionally, the Steering Committee would assist:
- Collaboration between the QPS and the Unions;
- Consistent planning across the formation, consultation, data gathering, reporting, delivery and implementation of the Strategy;
- A whole-of-Service approach to issues management;
- Encouragement of stakeholder ownership and active participation at all levels of the organisation;
- Ensure a risk management approach is applied to the development and delivery of the Strategy; and
- Budget management and resource allocations are in accordance with Service and government requirements.
Chaired by Deputy Commissioner (Strategy, Policy and Performance), the Steering Committee includes representation from a range of stakeholders including:
- Deputy Commissioner (Regional Operations)
- Assistant Commissioner – People Capability Command
- Assistant Commissioner – State Crime Command
- PSBA HR
- Safety & Wellbeing
- QPS Media
- Principal Workplace Champion representative
- Workplace Champion representative
- Queensland Police Union of Employees
- Queensland Commissioned Officers’ Union
- Together Queensland
The Steering Committee currently meets on a monthly basis. To view the Terms of Reference of the Steering Committee click here.